Tuesday, June 24, 2008

In Egypt

Thanks to everybody who prayed for our safe travel. We made it from Jerusalem to Eilat (the southernmost tip of Israel) without any Hamas rocket sightings. We spent two days in Eilat and one in Jordan, and crossed into Egypt several days ago. We spent our first night in Egypt at the St. Catherines Monastery at the base of Mt. Sinai before taking a bus north into Cairo. Most of our time in Cairo has been spent regaining the pounds we lost hiking all over Israel, although we did go hike around the Pyramids today. I am writing from an internet cafe in Cairo, so no pictures for the time being.

Updates will probably be spotty until we are back in Israel (assuming they let us back into Israel, we've had some unpleasant experiences with border control after they see our arab last name. Add that to the prayer list.)

I would definitely like to know who all is reading though, so leave a comment. I will try to be back on before too long.

Alexander

5 comments:

drama momma said...

The McKeown's are reading your blog. It's amazing the things that you are seeing and experiencing.

Robin Meadows said...

So glad you guys are SAFE!

And, ... that little blond girl isn't helping get you over the border?

Praying for you all.

Mandy said...

I'm reading and learning so much! I'm still jealous. Maybe I'll make it over there someday!

D.A. said...

Of course I'm reading and can't wait for the next update. Sure enjoy the skype when we can see you and talk to you. Dirk

Charissa said...

I'm reading and I'm praying for your safety. I miss you guys!