Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Inaugural Post

I am not new to the world of blogging but I have never felt compelled to put my thoughts and observations out there for the world to see.  However, in light of the travelling I will be doing this summer, I've decided to give it shot to keep everybody updated on where we are going and what we are doing.  I don't guarantee regular updates, but I'll do my best.  

For those of you who don't know, I, my wife Katie, and my sister Jennifer will be leaving the country for roughly two months to take in Canada, Israel, Egypt, and Jordan.  We will be undertaking the first leg, from Edmond, OK to Winnipeg, Canada on May 15th.

One more final to take this Friday, and then I get to start packing...

Alexander


Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, all foes of real understanding.  Likewise tolerance, or broad wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. - Mark Twain

8 comments:

Katie said...

I'm SO excited!

Robin Meadows said...

Yay!! You DID it! Can't wait to read more!!!!

Abbi said...

FUN! I'll be following along! Try not to make those of us stuck at home TOO jealous, okay?! :)

LOVE the Twain quote! 'tis true!

Ali said...

You guys have lots of fun! We will just all be stuck here in Edmond Oklahoma. BORING!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

erin said...

Glad you're doing this to keep us informed!

Janet said...

I will be at home living vicariously through you three.
Janet

Charissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charissa said...

Twain is a genius! I really love this quote. Keep us updated, I want to see pictures!